Dearborn Hills Golf Course is owned and operated by the City of Dearborn Parks & Recreation Department. Dearborn Hills Golf Course was built in 1923 by the late Robert Herndon, a prominent local developer and benefactor. It is reputed to be Michigan’s oldest public golf course and is listed in the State Register of Historic Sites. In the summer of 1991, it closed for a $5 million renovation and expansion. The resulting new course was named Michigan’s Best Public Golf Course by Detroit Newsreaders and awarded 3.5 stars by Golf Digest‘s “Best Places To Play.”
Robert Herndon’s Dearborn Hills Golf Course, already rated as one of the top five public golf courses in Michigan, added a majestic, first-class clubhouse in 1995. This Dearborn jewel, a 7,000-square-foot, traditionally styled brick building features a spectacular view of the first and tenth tees. The clubhouse includes a grill and bar. Its Pro Shop, snack bar, and outdoor patio with tables and chairs make it the perfect place to relax after a round of golf.